Start the Admissions Process
You may reach an Admissions Counselor (this e-mail box is monitored by several staff) Monday-Friday, between 8am - 5pm, our normal business hours. However, we frequently respond to after business hours voicemails and e-mails whenever possible.
Your Initial Call
Contact Project Transition's Admissions Department to establish an initial point of contact to ensure the services we provide are in line with the needs you have, and the challenges you are facing. Our Admissions team will describe our residential opportunities, as well as the expectations and commitment of the daily program and average length of stay. Everything we do is member driven, and person-centered in nature. It is the Admissions Department's goal to determine a preliminary fit between the services we provide and what you are looking for.
Our goal is to establish a foundational relationship with you prior to your point of admission.
Complete the Preadmission Packet
We will provide you with a copy of our preadmission packet, guide you on how initiate a referral from your provider or case worker to your insurance company, schedule your preclinical assessments, and take you on a tour of the recovery center and residential living. We are also here to answer all questions you may have along the way.
Schedule Tour and Preadmission Assessments
If able, you will visit the Project Transition Recovery Center where you will participate in your therapeutic and clinical treatment, as well as tour the apartment complex you will possibly reside in. Your assessments will include a variety of screens that will determine your fit for the program, level of care needed, and plans for member-centered treatment upon admisssion.
All new members that are admitted to Project Transition must:
- Have adequately controlled medical conditions, if present
- Must be able to understand and agree to obey program rules
- Must be able to cooperate with the development of his/her treatment plan
- Have been diagnosed by a psychiatrist to have a mental health disorder (DSM IV or V classification)
Documentation Required Prior to Admission
- Fully completed Preadmission Packet (Download Pennsylvania or Tennessee)
- Labs (required if presently taking Clozaril, Depakote, Lithium or Tegretol, dated within 30 days prior to admission)
- Psychiatric Evaluation (current and any recent)
- Valid Photo ID
- Insurance Card
- Birth Certificate
- Social Security Card
Documents Required if the Member has an income:
- Social security award letter
- Bank account statements
- Pay stubs (if applicable)